Credit: Leeann Cafferata from Washington DC and Akershus, Norway
For decades, Dolly Parton has been a beloved icon, enchanting us with her soulful country tunes and inspiring journey. As she fearlessly breaks boundaries, her upcoming project promises to be a thrilling leap into uncharted territory.
Parton’s Background and Influence
Dolly Parton, the queen of country music, has been the beating heart of the genre for over six decades. Born in 1946 in rural Tennessee, Parton’s journey from a humble cabin in the Smoky Mountains to the pinnacle of the music industry is a testament to her undeniable talent, relentless perseverance, and charismatic persona.
With her distinctive voice and prolific songwriting, Parton has contributed some of the most memorable songs in music history, including “Jolene,” “I Will Always Love You,” and “9 to 5.” Her influence extends beyond country, leaving indelible marks on pop culture and inspiring countless artists across musical genres. Parton’s legacy is not only her own discography but also her role as a trailblazer for female artists, making her an enduring symbol of empowerment and creativity.
The First Rock Album
Now, Parton is set to surprise and delight her fans once again with a bold new venture into rock music. This November 17th, she will release her first-ever full-length rock album, a stunning 30-song collection aptly titled “Rockstar.”
This expansive album, available for preorder now, is a potent mix of original compositions and cover songs. Of the 30 tracks, nine are fresh Parton originals, showcasing her songwriting prowess in a brand-new genre. The remaining 21 are cover songs, carefully curated to pay homage to artists from the past six decades and showcase Parton’s expansive musical influences, plus her ability to make any song her own.
The title track “World on Fire” premiered on May 11th at the ACM Awards. This set the stage for an album that promises to be as fiery and passionate as its name suggests. This song is a bold declaration of Parton’s entry into rock music, offering a tantalizing glimpse into what is sure to be an unforgettable album. As Dolly Parton once again reinvents herself, “World on Fire” is an exciting new chapter in a storied career. It serves as a testament to her versatility, resilience, and boundless creativity, reaffirming her status as a living legend in the music industry.
1. “Rockstar” (special guest Richie Sambora)
2. “World on Fire”
3. “Every Breath You Take” (feat. Sting)
4. “Open Arms” (feat. Steve Perry)
5. “Magic Man” (feat. Ann Wilson with special guest Howard Leese)
6. “Long As I Can See the Light” (feat. John Fogerty)
7. “Either Or” (feat. Kid Rock)
8. “I Want You Back” (feat. Steven Tyler with special guest Warren Haynes)
9. “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You” (feat. Stevie Nicks with special guest Waddy Wachtel)
10. “Purple Rain”
11. “Baby, I Love Your Way” (feat. Peter Frampton)
12. “I Hate Myself for Loving You” (feat. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
13. “Night Moves” (feat. Chris Stapleton)
14. “Wrecking Ball” (feat. Miley Cyrus)
15. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” (feat. P!nk & Brandi Carlile)
16. “Keep on Loving You” (feat. Kevin Cronin)
17. “Heart of Glass” (feat. Debbie Harry)
18. “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” (feat. Elton John)
19. “Tried to Rock and Roll Me” (feat. Melissa Etheridge)
20. “Stairway to Heaven” (feat. Lizzo & Sasha Flute)
21. “We Are the Champions”
22. “Bygones” (feat. Rob Halford with special guests Nikki Sixx & John 5)
23. “My Blue Tears” (feat. Simon Le Bon)
24. “What’s Up?” (feat. Linda Perry)
25. “You’re No Good” (feat. Emmylou Harris & Sheryl Crow)
26. “Heartbreaker” (feat. Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo)
27. “Bittersweet” (feat. Michael McDonald)
28. “I Dreamed About Elvis” (feat. Ronnie McDowell with special guest The Jordanaires)
29. “Let It Be” (feat. Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr with special guests Peter Frampton & Mick Fleetwood)
30. “Free Bird” (feat. Ronnie Van Zant with special guests Gary Rossington, Artimus Pyle and The Artimus Pyle Band)
There’s no doubt this album is going to be awesome. Be sure to pre-order it or check it out on your preferred streaming service.