The Weeknd Will Resume Tour
The Weeknd is set to resume the After Hours Til Dawn Tour after he suffered vocal issues earlier this month. In fact, the incident occured on September 3rd at the Los Angeles show and the Toronto native was only able to get through four songs.
The Weeknd, visibly emotional, told the crowd he had lost his voice. He apologized to them promising he would do a show for them soon. “You know how much this kills me right now, I’m sorry. I love you…” Fans had mixed reactions; many were disappointed and upset.
Shortly after, he updated fans reassuring them that he would resume the After Hours Til Dawn tour for the upcoming shows in Toronto set for Sept. 22 and Sept. 23. The Weeknd wrote in an instagram post, “doctor says my voice is safe and with rest i’ll be solid and able to bring the show my TORONTO fans are waiting for,”
The Weeknd Apologizes To Fans
In addition, videos posted online captured the moment the singer-songwriter’s voice cracked. It occurred during the opening song “Alone Again.” The Weeknd was unable to hit the notes, although he was trying for his fans.
Following the incident, The Weeknd apologized again in an Instagram story. “My voice went out during the first song, and I’m devastated. I felt it go, and my heart dropped. My deepest apologies to my fans here. I promise I’ll make it up to you with a new date.”
Importantly, going on tour is demanding physically and mentally for artists. Especially, for a setlist filled with high notes and belting that challenge the singer’s vocal range. The Weeknd’s After Hours Til Dawn Tour began in July for the first leg, stopping at cities across North America. Now he will return to his city of origin in Toronto, Canada after recovering from vocal issues, for two shows to remember.
HBO Max Reveals “The Idol” Trailer with The Weeknd
The Weeknd Recruits Summer Walker For “Best Friends (Remix)”